This Page

has been moved to new address

Making your own laundry detergent

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hopping to It: Making your own laundry detergent

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Making your own laundry detergent

I have wanted to make my own detergent for about a year. Thanks to them Duggars. I have had all the ingredients for a while, but it just never seemed like the right time to do it. Well yesterday I ran out of detergent but not laundry. So I researched and decided the gel stuff just seems to messy.  We have a HE washer and it seemed easier to measure with power- so I went with power. Since it didn't cause much I figured I had room for trial and error.  It was easy- easy.
I pulled the recipe off of http://tipnut.com/10-homemade-laundry-soap-detergent-recipes/








This was the worse part...thinking maybe I will use my kitchen aid next time!:)



















1/2 a bar grated....1cup each of the other



















For fabric soften I use vinegar (also good for getting rid of pee smell since I have one not 100% night time trained and a cat that likes revenge.)  - also have a bounce bar in my dryer.




-
Sheets are in the dryer. Smelled clean from washer...so here's hoping to cheap clean clothes!!!
Folded sheets.  No smell of pee and had a nice clean smell to them!!  

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Labels:

1 Comments:

At March 10, 2011 at 5:45 AM , Blogger chopped liver said...

Seeing all this work that goes into it, wouldn't it be easier, less messy, and cheaper to buy laundry soap? :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home