This Page

has been moved to new address

Vegetable Garden

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hopping to It: Vegetable Garden

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Vegetable Garden

We did it, well some of it.  The garden is planted, well at least the first part stage.  Last fall after the last mowing I took the lawn clippings and put it on top of our soil in the garden.  I had not planted that last summer due to fostering situations so my goal was just to keep the weeds from growing.  For the most part it did ok.
So Isaiah and Robby and I ventured to the garden store to buy our plants.  We bought

  • Tomato plants-cherries, Romano, and cutting ones.  Plus we are going to try to grow one upside down.
  • Three pepper plants- Green pepper, banana peppers, and hot pepper
  • Herbs- Lavender, sweet basil, mint and cat nip
  • Rhubarb
  • Summer Squash and zucchini
  • And Robby choice watermelon and pumpkin, so we will see
This is all our above ground garden can handle.  Here are the things we still would like to plant in other areas of our yard...
  • Strawberries
  • Still researching what other berries I can grow in the yard.
  • Sunflowers
  • Sweet peas
  • And a few more herbs
I have a vision to create a children's garden.  With the sweet peas growing up on bamboo to create a hide out and huge Sunflowers for them to wander through.  But I don't know how much will happen this year, but I hope to have some done!!!

I will keep you posted on the garden as it grows!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home