This Page

has been moved to new address

21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 4

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hopping to It: 21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 4

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 4

Audio
Written

So Robby this morning woke up and read.  Then came and told me he was done.   He says Jesus went to a well and asked a women for water and I am not telling you any more.  You have to read it.   I was just getting up, getting my two little ones ready for preschool.  I sat down with my coffee and computer to see facebook, email and farmville (my newly found addiction again:)).  Robby walked over and said did you read yet, I said I will in a minute.  He puts his hand in front of my screen and says "what is more important, reading the bible or playing farmville?"  Ummmmmmm well I know the answer but had to be put into my place by my 9 year old.  And a child will lead.....
So I read and he did my farmville!
I was touched by the story about the man wanting to save his child.  And how the simple words "Your son will live."  I thought that father really loved his son and was going to do anything to save him.  He heard of this man named Jesus who could heal him.  He just had to get him to come with him to touch his boy, to heal him.  Imagine how he felt when Jesus said "unless you see signs you won't believe."  I think my heart would have sunken.  I would think please hurry MY CHILD IS GOING TO DIE.  No parent wants to see their child die.
Jesus simply said "Go, your son will live."  That was that dad had to hold on too.  Those words.
Imagine being in his home.  The mother and grandmother overwhelmed and sadden by the dying child.  People scurrying around trying to help.  Someone always at the bed side.  Someone trying to get the mother to eat to keep her strength.  When suddenly the child sits up and looks around, smiles and says "why are you crying momma?"  The JOY felt in the room.  The shock and surprise.  The big hug from the mom.  Then her turning around and yelling "Quick go tell he dad"  And the servant taking off running....
And in the words of my son, I am not tell you any more, you have to read it in John 4...

Labels:

1 Comments:

At November 10, 2010 at 1:50 PM , Blogger Mommahopper said...

I need an editor!:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home