This Page

has been moved to new address

21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 13...the devil

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hopping to It: 21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 13...the devil

Friday, November 19, 2010

21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 13...the devil

Writting
I've gotten a little confused...are we on day 13 or 14?  I think I read 13 so early this morning I feel like I needed to read 14.  There is something I notice about this chapter that I don't think I ever have.  In vs2 it talks about the devil prompting Judas.  I wonder did Jesus see the devil, was he in the room like a being, but only Jesus could see him.  I also wonder were there angels and demons there too, kind of circle each other like before a battle?  It reminds me a little bit of Prank Pretti's writing. I also think of the show Charmed.  Yes...I know it was about witches...but some of their images of the demons and such is what I imagine to have been in room during the events of Jesus.  
Now I don't want to get into any theological debates, nor have I studied these subjects lately.  But in my mind they are present.  I can see them in the room talking and the devil, who is a little nervous about Jesus, walks over and whispers this in Judas ear.  Judas, feeling like he just felt a hot eerie chill down his spin turns to see who just spoke to him.  But no one is there when he turns.  The voice of Jesus breaks his thoughts "You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.” Judas just watches Jesus.  
Jesus, knowing the devil is there, is troubled, knowing what the devil did, knowing that one of his trusted disciples is going to betray him.  
The devil, smirking, knowing he made Jesus a little uneasy, watches, as the buzz of his demons laugh.  The disciples mummling, who is going to betray Jesus what is he talking about?  A disciple, whom Simon Peter motioned to find out what is going on,  leans on him and whispers "who is it Lord?"  Jesus turning "Who I give this piece of bread to."  
Jesus gets up and the disciples quite a little, He walks over to Judas, hands the piece of bread to him and says "do what you must."  Oh what Judas must have felt, jumping up and leaving. I wonder if the demons surrounded him when he left with their "praises", the devil smirking, think he is winning.  
I wonder what that disciple felt like when he realized what Jesus meant?  Did Simon Peter figure it out.  After Judas left Jesus started teaching a little.  I can see the devil, making faces, saying "yea yea yea, love on another", mocking him as Jesus was teaching, the demons making their sounds.  The angels with their swords drawn to protect the people.  
Did the devil really know what was going to happen?  Did he understand that God was going to sacrifice His only son to save these humans?  It reminds me of Dr. Who, and how he stands up for the human race against these aliens wanting to destroy mankind.  They are worth saving.  God knew we were worth saving.  But the devil......

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home