This Page

has been moved to new address

21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 11-12

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hopping to It: 21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 11-12

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

21 day "Book of John" challenge...Day 11-12


Reading a chapter at a time is challenging in many ways.  On one hand it is challenging making time.  But the biggest challenge is reading only one chapter when I start.  I know that sounds funny, but I really only want read one chapter cause I like the anticipation of what is going to happen next, even though I have read this many times.  The plot thickens....when reading John this time I have jumped into the story, living like some one who was traveling with them.  It has made it so personal, so true.  This story is like comfort food, no matter how many times you eat it, it is sooo good!!!!
I  don't think I ever realized how much John points the unbeliever to Christ.  He does so many things for people to believe,  yet many don't.  Today, these words seem so simple and true and real, but many don't believe.  Christ came for all even the unbelievers, most of all the unbelievers.  
When I put the 21 day reading into play, it never accrued to me that I would be heading into Advent with the Easter story.  This tiny baby boy born for you, to die for you, for me....getting ready for Advent...getting ready for Christmas.....His Story, Our Story.....

Oh and the shortest verse "Jesus wept"  


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home