This Page

has been moved to new address

100 things to do this summer: Hawaii-3, 8, 86,

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hopping to It: 100 things to do this summer: Hawaii-3, 8, 86,

Friday, August 13, 2010

100 things to do this summer: Hawaii-3, 8, 86,

When I made my 100 things to do this summer list, I knew that not everyone was going to do all the things.  And it never accrued to me that some of the things would not involve the kids at all.
So three of the things on our list Dan and I did in Hawaii.
3-Go on a hike, We hiked up to Diamond Head on our Anniversary.  I know I am not in shape, but just the week before I was walking 5 miles a day with out much issues.  This hike went up and up, then you had like 28 steps, then 93 steps, and then a spiral stair case .  By the time I got just to the spiral stair case, I almost lost it.  I felt dizzy and light headed and I had to sit.  Dan was sure I was going to make it.  But I was determined I was going to make it to the top.  But after sitting for about 15 minutes I had just enough energy to make it the final way.  And it was so worth it.  I am glad we did this and pushed myself to make it all the way! 



8- Explore 3 National Parks.  I am not sure how to even explain in words how humbling it was to experience these thing.   And while I want my kids to experience this one day, I am glad that I got to do that first.  Visiting the Arizona was a very quick in and out experience.   One the end on the wall that had all the names of the men that served on the ship.  I read every name.
We also visit the USS Bowfin and USS Missouri.

86- Go sailing.  I loved this.  We went twice.  Once to go watch dolphins and snorkel and a sunset sail our last night there.
 

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home